cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge 2D pictures

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to take several 2D pictures and combine them into one? I've tried several methods such as playing with pixmaps and raw data but unless I've missed the obvious I'm stuck!

I want to do something like this:

Thanks

Al

LabVIEW 2011

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(9,343 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(9,336 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al1234

Thanks for your help Andrey. Your link sent me down the right track.

Here's the solution:

Message 3 of 18
(9,330 Views)

Hi

Could you please draw the whole digram that merge 2D picture to one

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(8,613 Views)

Does this help?

merge pics.png

Alastair

Olive Electronics Ltd

Bespoke systems, electronic design and LabVIEW solutions

Message 5 of 18
(8,609 Views)

can u tell me the name of the blocks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(5,308 Views)

Try dropping the png image below on to a blank LabVIEW diagram and you'll get a working version to play with...

LV forum.png

Al

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,301 Views)

This is crude way to mode pictures.

The pictures in your example are bitmaps (raster graphics), so getting a pixmap and moving it is harmless. If the picture contains vector graphics, you get bad results.

This will become noticeable when you use the picture control's zoom function. Zooming in or out a bitmap of vectors looks completely different than zooming in or out of the original vectors.

All things in the picture control's data are opcodes. Each opcode has additional data, like coordinates, colors and such. You can parse this data, check the opcodes and change it.

See the attached VIs.

Use it like this:

Move Picture Example.PNG

Download All
Message 8 of 18
(5,266 Views)

Just thought I'd weigh in here as I've been having serious performance issues using the out-of-the-box image manipulation VIs in LabVIEW (as suggested by other users).

Weibe@CARYA's solution is much more performant in my use cases.  It's getting my kudos.

Message 9 of 18
(3,777 Views)

Norm has a good set of code that helps translate 2D pictures pretty easily.

https://lavag.org/topic/17138-2d-picture-translation-movement/?do=findComment&comment=105597

Combining this with the fact that you can concatenate them like strings means you can do some pretty cool things.  This ended being used in my Ribbon Interface.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,753 Views)