LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MenuStrip font size

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone knows how to change font size in the MenuStrip?

I want to replace standard LabVIEW runtime menu with .NET MenuStrip to have a posibility to make it bigger and more suitable for touchscreens. MSDN said that MenuStrip has a font property which "Gets or sets the font used to display text in the control" but it looks like read only property (I'm unable to change it to write)...

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,619 Views)

Hello bienieck,

I checked in LabVIEW 2016 and everything seems to work fine for me. After Creating MenuStrip via Constructor Node, I place Property Node (.NET), choose property Font, right click on the property name and I can Change All To Write.Write Property

Message 2 of 7
(4,551 Views)

Instead using the menu strip, maybe you could increase the size of the font of the Labview runtime menu (not that much, because the menu has a determined height) with the key:
SystemFont="Arial Unicode MS" 30
in the application.ini

fontsmall.jpg

font30.jpg

font40.jpg

Message 3 of 7
(4,541 Views)

@Martiko wrote:

Hello bienieck,

I checked in LabVIEW 2016 and everything seems to work fine for me. After Creating MenuStrip via Constructor Node, I place Property Node (.NET), choose property Font, right click on the property name and I can Change All To Write.

But then, can you put in example "size" property and change it to write?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,515 Views)

@J-M wrote:

Instead using the menu strip, maybe you could increase the size of the font of the Labview runtime menu

I tried this but I feel like it is not very elegant and it is not customizable enough.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,514 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck
@Martiko wrote:

(...) I checked in LabVIEW 2016 and everything seems to work fine for me (...).

@bienieck wrote:

But then, can you put in example "size" property and change it to write?

Hi bieneck,

It seems to be working with "Size" exactly the same as with "Font" for me.

MenuStrip Size to Write

May I help you any further?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,508 Views)

Oh, you were right. I thought that I need to use it this way:

font size.png

And this way I can't change "size" to write.

It seems that I just don't know how to use it 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,498 Views)