LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory keeps increaing and this VI has a lot of Memory resize allocate events

Solved!
Go to solution

This aplication slowly increases the memory and after 12 hrs i will get labview out of memory error. With the Desktop Execution Trace Tool kit i found that the Vi(attached) is being called a lot and also has a lot of memorry allocate, free an resize events.

I didnt do this Aplication but i see that the reference is not closed, i dont see any reference leaks on the destkop trace tool kit

do you guys have any idea what could it be?

CLAD, CTD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,821 Views)
You won't see the reference leaks until the application exits I believe. Looking at the VI - the reference that comes in on the 'execution' - is that a new reference each time? If so - I think you need to close it. Perhaps also for the 'UIMessage' reference itself?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,806 Views)

Even though there are a lot of memory events associated with this VI, I'm not convinced that it's the source of your problems. Have you tried running the VI profiler to look at peak memory use for each VI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,778 Views)

let me check at the profiler  and i will get back

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,771 Views)

After the application finishes and i press quit...

i get all the reference leaks... Thousands of them

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,743 Views)

@buton wrote:

After the application finishes and i press quit...

i get all the reference leaks... Thousands of them

Now start closing them.

A few years back I had some memory issues with TestStand references in LabVIEW (Application Instance to be more exact).  NI claimed that the references from TestStand autoclose when the VI step was done running.  I found a ton of memory purely by closing the TestStand references inside of my VIs when I was done with them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buton

After 17 Hours and 47 minutes the progam is still running. Those reference were the problem. they didnt show up as reference leaks  on the desktop trace took kit until i closed the program.

thanks

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,680 Views)

Could you explain what "Now start closing them" means.  I am having a similar problem but not sure how to implement the proposed solution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,441 Views)

@BG103 wrote:

Could you explain what "Now start closing them" means.  I am having a similar problem but not sure how to implement the proposed solution.

"Them" here is whatever references aren't being closed. Make sure your code closes any references that it opens.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,429 Views)

close reference.png

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,423 Views)