cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory is full?

Solved!
Go to solution

Picture1.png    

I try to call this gc.exe file from labview. This file actually calls another program which is to solve some optimization problem.

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

i dont think my program needs so much memory...can anybody help me with this? thanks!

Message 1 of 4
(4,330 Views)

Try increasing/setting the expected output size input (default = 4096) of the System Exec VI. Increasing this size might help LabVIEW use its memory more efficiently. This may help because you are using the wait until completion option which returns the standard output.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,310 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martinsun

Hi martinsun,

Error codes can be misleading. A Memory Full error is reported by LabVIEW when the error code is set to 2 (see snippet).

When error codes come from the OS or third party vis, they usually won't map into a valid LabVIEW error description.

In this case, I think you are seeing an error code from the OS.  

memory full error.png

Example - run the code above and you will get a "Memory Full" error.

It is likely that your exe was not found and that is where the error is coming from.

From the System Exec Detailed Help (2009):

"working directory [path] is the file system directory from which you want to execute the command. You do not have to set working directory.

Note  Do not use working directory [path] to locate the executable you want to run. working directory applies to the executable only after it launches."

So make sure the full path to your executable is listed in the Command Line control.

The example program for system exec has good information and is worth looking at.

steve

www.ashfordsolutions.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
(4,275 Views)

Hello steve,

Thank you so much! I have solved the problem by just list the full path of my exe in the command line control.

martin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,207 Views)