From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory IDL documentation - FlexRIO DRAM

The documentation for the Memory IDL is not very well organized as other NI tools & libraries (think DAQmx).  It would be good to have a set of links so we do not need to piece things together from forums, help, and examples.

There is a lot of stuff on the VST which is great but for those using FlexRIOs there isn't as much.

On Google I search "labview fpga 2015 Memory instrument design library "  the 8th link is relevant:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372614J-01/target5devicehelp/idl_memory_overview/

The last statement says:

"Refer to the LabVIEW context help of the Memory Design VIs for more information about the library interface."

These VIs are not in the Functions Palette:

Functions.PNG

The examples are somewhat helpful but it would be good to have more help in the form of documents.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,197 Views)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I brought this to the attention of R&D and they requested that I file a CAR (#595063). I'm not sure if documentation CARs get reported on new releases but I'm hoping that we can get this fixed in future releases to make the API easier to use.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 11
(4,140 Views)

Thanks, are there any other links you would suggest for this topic?

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,098 Views)

Hi Terry_ALE, 

Unfortunately, there is limited documentation for the IDLs. The LabVIEW Context Help will be your best resource for this topic. 

Shalini M.
Partner Development Engineer
Alliance Partner Network
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,066 Views)

I don't have LabVIEW in front of me but I didn't think there was context help, I think I remember putting that in the CAR.

Message 5 of 11
(4,058 Views)

Is there a way to find out if this CAR (#595063) was corrected?

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,455 Views)

It has not been addressed. The Memory IDLs are added to the functions palettes but they still do not have documentation.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,447 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2016 and I do not see the Memory IDL on the palette (I see the others).  Were they removed for 2016?  Where can I get more info on them?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,153 Views)

Function palettes are context aware, meaning if a vi is opened under a flexrio target it will have different entries on the function palette than it would if it were opened under an r series target. The 'FlexRIO FPGA Libraries' that is shown in the OP is an example of a menu that would only appear on the palette when a vi is opened under a flexrio target.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,147 Views)

Understood, I am working with the FlexRIO, but am missing the Memory IDL in the palettes.  I know it is installed because I can open examples that contain it.

MissingMemoryIDL.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,133 Views)