LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring distances with Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F and NI DAQ

Good afternoon,

I am working on an application on Labview where will be indicated the position varition of a metallic beam with harmonic and high frequency movement. The project is just beginning and we dont know the exact type of sensor and DAQ to be used. I think a IR reflective sensor like Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F would be useful. This sensor will be positioned above the beam to catch the movement amplitude. It would be very nice if someone could express an opinion about the eficiency of this kind of sensor for this application, or indicate other sensor and ways for measuring. I am worried if a IR sensor is precise for high frequency movements, because I need to get the graph on Labview. 

Regards,

Gabriel Machado

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,850 Views)

How acuratly do you need the distance measurment to be? at 1.57 mV/mm (Typical) you may run into accuracy problems.

There is an approximate 38mSec discrete integrator built into that device.  How high of a frquency of vibration did you need to measure?

You might want to look into the Keyance LK-G3000 series

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,846 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

The maximum frequency of vibration will be about 30 Hz. The amplitude will go from 0 to 40 mm.

I checked out the keyance LK-G3000 but it is too large for my application. Thank you  for the suggestion. 

Gabriel Machado

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,834 Views)