LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring a specific point from signal

I'm new to Labview and currently am trying to measure a specific point from a the simulate signal express VI. For example if I simulate a sin wave and I want to know the amplitude at 1 second how would I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,387 Views)

Hi Mickan,

For example if I simulate a sin wave and I want to know the amplitude at 1 second how would I do this?

You get a waveform from your (simulated) signal. Then pick the sample at (about) 1s.

You might not get the sample at exactly 1s as the time resolution is related to your sample rate…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,343 Views)

You don't include any code (which would tell us how you are doing this and what version of LabVIEW you are using), but I'm going to guess you are using an Express VI whose output, "Signal", is a (Dreaded) Dynamic Data Wire (I added the third "D" descriptor).  You can turn this into a Waveform using the Signal Manipulation palette, and if you know how to use Waveforms, you can find the value that is nearest to your chosen time.  If the Signal Generator is sending out "packets" that are shorter than your chosen time, you'll need concatenate them or otherwise handle the pieces.

Why don't you give it a try, see if it makes sense to you, and if you have more questions, come back to this post and (please!) attach your VI.  [If you only attach a picture of the VI, I'll probably complain ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,327 Views)