LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement and automation tool (MAX) shows only software

Hi,

My measurement and automation tool only shows a software node. Nothing like hardware, or my devices. I am looking for my comports, since I can't get my HP34401A communicating. To be hones, this might be the serial cable, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

But still, shouldn't MAX give me more info?

I definitively have working comports.

I am running an evaluation version of Labview 2010.

Best regards, Matthijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,694 Views)

Have you installed anything from the Device Drivers DVD as of yet?

If NI-VISA hasn't been installed, then you won't see any com ports in MAX.  Likewise, if DAQmx hasn't been installed, the DAQ devices won't show up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,682 Views)

Also, if you have an NI serial interface device (as opposed to the serial ports on your motherboard, if you have them), you will need to install NI-Serial.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,674 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I have NI-VISA installed. But still nothing. Also under the 'tools' menu, I don't see anything for setting up NI-VISA. I've also removed and reinstalled NI-VISA, and that doesn't help. And I tried to 'repair' MAX, equivalent of reinstalling I would say, and that also doesn't help. Still the only thing I see in MAX is the 'Software' node.

My 34401A works by now. I have also installed the Agilent VISA, and I am addressing the 34401A via the VISA resource name ASRL::COM7. And now I am not sure if this ASRL::COM7 is going to the Agilent VISA or the NI-VISA. But it sure works perfect.

But I would still like to have MAX working properly! So if anyone could shed some light on this I'll be very gratefull!

Thank you, Matthijs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,631 Views)

Dear Matthijs,

It is possible that there is a problem with your MAX data base ; can you try the link?

Please let us know the result,

best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)