LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement and Automation Explorer does not recognize two identical USB 3.0 cameras at once. How do I fix this?

I am running a set up which uses 2 identical USB Point Grey cameras of the same model (FL3-U3-13S2M-CS). Both USB cameras are plugged into the computer (blue USB cables). 

When I open up Measurement and Automation Explorer and look under "NI-IMAQdx Devices" in the configuration tree, LavVIEW only recognizes one of the two USB cameras. Measurement and Automation Explorer only lists one camera, in which it recognizes it as "Point Grey Camera". Why this is occurring? How can I get LabVIEW to recognize two separate cameras of the same model? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,291 Views)

NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras.  Check out the known issues.  I don't know exactly how to interpret the first known issue, but it sounds like it could be related.  Sorry, it's just a guess.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,247 Views)

Bill, 

Thanks for the reply. It does seem like this could be an issue. Unfortunately I don't really know how to work around that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,233 Views)

I'm an idiot.  Here's the REAL link...

http://www.ni.com/example/30030/en/

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,218 Views)

That's about the old NI-IMAQ for USB cameras. IMAQdx has built in support for DirectShow connected cameras. IMAQdx should be able to use more than one DirectShow camera at the same time, but the Point Grey DirectShow driver may have some issues.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,191 Views)

Hi Ggreening,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but have you confirmed that the two cameras have unique serial numbers?  I've encountered third-party devices that all register as the "same" device thanks to duplicate identifiers, which can cause problems.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,174 Views)

I have the same problrm with Measurement & Automation Explorer. I am using two Thorlabs CMOS cameras uc 480, and they are recognized as one. In Device Manager I can see both of them. They have different serial numbers. In Meas&Aut Explorer when I click on a camera I can grab sobe image, then when I disconnect this camera I get image from the second camera that was connected. I need them both. Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,025 Views)

hilaser,

I'm having trouble finding any specifications on that camera, but did find a software package by that name. Could you double check that model number for me?

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,992 Views)

There is discussion at the end of the following forum post that indicates you may need to change the camera ID's in uc480: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/two-USB-camera-identification/m-p/2193960

If you could try that out and let me know if it resolves the issue, that would be great.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,963 Views)