cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Colors of region of image

Solved!
Go to solution

hiii

i want to Measure Colors (RGB) from region of image and have the result in table  of ech color red,green and blue 

and show the histogram 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,993 Views)

Sorry, but your question lacks very important information. Therefore a couple of questions to think about:

1.) Are you confident that acquisition of the images retains the actual color? You know, there are cameras with in-built color filters, you got lighting etc.

2.) Are you using the NI Vision Acquisition software? NI Vision Development Module?

3.) What are those "regions"? If color of pixels in the "region" differs: Do you want to calculate some "color average"? Do you want to check only for "color ranges"?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Sorry

I am beginner in labview
I using the NI Vision Acquisition softwareand  NI Vision Development Module 2013
my goal is to measure the RGB color of an image and display the statistics for each colors (RGB) as a graph

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dalyto

If you have the NI Vision Development Module, you should have an "IMAQ ColorHistogram" function available. It should provide what you are looking for.

Still, you have to make sure that your images are acquired correctly. This is by far not a simple thing (refer to this thesis for more information).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,957 Views)

thanks 

this is very helpful

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,953 Views)