LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum value hold facility in Indicators

I have two load indicators that are connected to two load cells on either end of a reciprocating member.  The load cells record the load as the member reciprocates from left to right  contuinously.  The frequency of reciprocation is rather slow  at about  10mm / sec.

I am interested  in displaying he maximum  value  reached on the left side when the member  is moving to the  right side and vice versa. That  is,  the indicator value should increase and freeze at the value just  when the reversal happens and stay  there, till reset for the next cycle. ( In simple words i am trying to implement a maximum hold facility that is resettable programatically )

Anybody  done such a thing ?

Thanks

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,571 Views)
Add a shift register to your while loop. Wire zero to the left hand terminal from outside the while loop to initialize the value. Inside the loop use a greater than comparison between the left hand shift register terminal and the current indicator value. Add a case structure. When current indicator value is greater(true case), wire that value to right hand shift register terminal. For false case, wire left hand shift register terminal directly to the right hand shift register terminal going through the case structure.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,567 Views)
This version has the reset event added.
Message 3 of 4
(2,562 Views)
Never imagined that I will have a solution this fast.

It  was the exact thing that I was looking for.

Thanks

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,555 Views)