From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximize Window Programattically

Hi,
  I'm trying to make a VI that the user has no way of moving the window.  I figured that I may be able to do that by somehow forcing the VI window to be maximized when run.  Does anyone have any ideas how to do this in Labview 6.1 or another idea as to how to force the front panel window to be fixed?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PP
Windows XP, LV6.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,852 Views)

If you right click on the icon on the VI's front panel you can access the vi's properties. Under Window size you can select size front panel to full screen, and under the Window apperance/customize you can check boxes that prevent the user from closing, etc. I'm not sure exactly how they are described in 6.1, I think that it changed from 6.x to 7.x

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,835 Views)

Hi PP
under vi properties : customize window appearance -  you can  disable the users option to resize window
 under vi properties:  under window size - you can allow  vi FP to cover whole of  screen

Hope that helps
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,832 Views)
You can set the window size prior to running by right clicking on the icon (front panel) and going into VI Properties->Window Appearance->Customize, and from there you can make it a certian size, and so that it can't be resized, etc.

Also, you can do this sort of thing in your program by creating a reference to the vi itself, and wiring that to a property node, and you can change all sorts of things in there too.  This way however, requires that the vi be loaded into memory first.

Edit:  Guess I got beat to the chase!  If only I could type a little faster...

Message Edited by Novatron on 08-11-2005 09:45 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,828 Views)
HI xseadog and PM,

I've checked both of your solutions and unfortunately, some things have apparently changed from 6 to 7.  The only option on window size is "Size the Front Panel to the Width and Height of Entire Screen".  Sounds good, no?  But alas, the window is truly not maximized, only as big as the screen, which means the user can still move it.  Any other ideas?

PP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,825 Views)
Uncheck all the "allow"s on the right side and the window title on the left side. This should prevent the user from touching the windows.

You can also control the window size programmatically by creating a property node, changing it to the VI class (right click>>inside VI server) and selecting Front Panel Window>>Size to Screen or Window Bounds.

Edit: I was refering to the Window Appearance screen Novatron was talking about.

Message Edited by tst on 08-11-2005 04:57 PM

Thanks tst,

I think I must have been having a duh moment.  Works like I want it to now by removing title bar.  Thanks alot,

PP

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,813 Views)