From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximize 2D Picture Control To Full Monitor Screen

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to programmatically update a 2D Picture Control to the size of the full monitor screen.  Is there a way to do this?

I know you can maximize the front panel to the fulll screen but I have been unable to develop a method that allows me to do this for a 2D Picture Control.

Thanks for you help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,977 Views)

Hi increase the panel to the full size of the monitor and then use an invoke node \ fit control to pane.

Good luck Smiley Very Happy

-Matt
Message 2 of 5
(2,957 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testdesign

You can fit the 2D picture control to the front panel of your VI by selecting (using right-click) "Fit control to panel" and then "Scale Object with pane". When you will maximize the VI, the 2D picture controll will fill the screen.

Marc Dubois
Message 3 of 5
(2,939 Views)

That works great.  If I wanted to put the 2D Picture Control back to its original size after using "Fit Control To Pane" how would I go about doing that?  Would I just use a property node for the controls position and bounds?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,906 Views)

I don't think there is a feature letting you put the control back to its original size after the "Fit Control to Pane" besides the undo (ctrl-Z). As you said, you can record the size and position using property nodes and set it back to its original size programmatically. If the "Scale Object with Pane" is selected, the control will size along the VI front panel when you maximize and un-maximize.

Marc Dubois
Message 5 of 5
(2,895 Views)