LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Not Detecting PCMCIA GPIB Card

I'm having trouble getting NI MAX to detect that I have a PCMCIA GPIB Card in the computer.  The C-Drive under hardware manager knows it's in the slot and says it's working fine.  I tried to uninstall the GPIB Card so I could reinstall it but it won't let me. 

I also tried adding hardware to MAX and selecting the PCMCIA card but it says that it can't be added.

I'm using the latest versions of GPIB, VISA, and MAX software that I can on a Windows 2000 computer. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,208 Views)
Hello,
When you say MAX is having trouble detecting the card, what exactly is happening? Do you see the card in MAX, but then you can't communicate with it? Does it show up with an error, or does it not show up at all? Could you give me the exact error message that you see. Are you using this on a laptop, or are you using a PCI-PCMCIA converter on a desktop? Does this happen on multiple computers? And just to verify, what version of NI-488.2 are you using? Hit <F5> in MAX to refresh the window and see if it shows up then. You could also try reinstalling the NI-488.2 driver, to see if it helps. Please let me know the answers to the questions above, and we can go from there to try to get this issue resolved. Thanks!

Regards,
Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,191 Views)