LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab script works differently in 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW

I have a matalb script in my labview code, and found that it returns different results in 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW. I pasted the matlab script to Matlab, and the result is consistent with what I got from 32-bit LabVIEW. Also when I run this code in 64-bit LabVIEW, the labview program can crash from time to time.

Does anyone experience this similar issue with 64-bit LabVIEW? In case this is version or OS sensititve, I am using LabVIEW 2014 SP1, Matlab R2014a 64-bit, and the OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

My labview code is attached, and the attached image shows the different result I got from 64-bit (left panel, wrong result) and 32-bit (right panel, correct result) versions.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,458 Views)

I will venture to guess that 95% (or more) of the Windows users on this forum (except for those few still running Windows XP) run 64-bit Windows (7, 8, or 10).  I will also venture to guess that 95% of them run 32-bit LabVIEW.

You found that you got the right answer with 32-bit LabVIEW (which most of us use), and got the wrong answer with 64-bit LabVIEW.  I see a clear "lesson" here ...

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I have no idea why the two versions of LabVIEW gave you different answers, but I certainly "trust" 32-bit more ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,426 Views)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that my OS is 64 bit. Thanks Bob!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,411 Views)

Hello ein,

Are you able to simplify your program at all or determine what function might be causing the the change?  I would also be curious if it is specific to display and not the data.  If you were to just read the data as an array do you see the change in data?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,358 Views)

Something funky is definitely going on.

The first run through of the code in 2014 64bit gives the wrong answer, but then a second run gives the correct answer. Run 3 then crashes LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,336 Views)

Thanks Wall-E, I did take a look at the values in the array generated by the matlab script (when running 64-bit LabVIEW), and they were wrong. The matlab script itself is pretty simple, just a couple of sums and multiplications.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,325 Views)

Yes Rhino, that is exactly what happened on my end!!!!!

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Something funky is definitely going on.

The first run through of the code in 2014 64bit gives the wrong answer, but then a second run gives the correct answer. Run 3 then crashes LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,324 Views)

Hello ein,

There has been a Corrective Action Request, #529278, filed for the inconsistent behavior between LabVIEW 32-bit and 64-bit.  Please let us know if you need a different work around other than using LabVIEW 32-bit.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,252 Views)