From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab function refuses to run in the mathscript

Hi,

I tried to run a function.m (call_osc) that calls another function.m (osc).

It is working and plotting perfectly in matlab but when I I include them in mathscrip window after adding the 2 functions in the appropriate folder I get an error saying that y in unknown.

I tried also to add both functions in the mathscrip structure. But no success.

Could someone help me to solve this problem, please?

It will be great if I have all the code together in one windows instead of calling different functions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,009 Views)

Zied,

It can be challenging enough to program in one language (LabVIEW) without having to worry about putting some of the code in another language (Matlab).  Take a look at what you are asking the Matlab code to do.  Your function "Call_osc" calls an ODE solver that requires a reference to the function you wish to solve, namely the parameter "@osc".  For this reason, Matlab requires two functions (or a lot of obscure Matlab code).

Have you considered simply doing away with the MathScript node and "letting LabVIEW Use LabVIEW", i.e. use LabVIEW functions instead?  [I'll confess I haven't looked to see if LabVIEW has the appropriate solver ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,963 Views)

Bob,

It might be easier to utilize an ODE solver VI to perform the necessary calculations. Here is a link to the documentation on the ODE solver VIs available in LabVIEW: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371894G-01/lvsimconcepts/sim_c_ode/. Examples utilizing ODE solvers can be found inside of LabVIEW >> Help >> Find Examples >> Analysis, Signal Processing and Mathematics >>Differential Equations - ODE.

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,931 Views)