LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab control of Labview GUI executable

How do you control a compiled Labview GUI from Matlab?

I have an existing Labview GUI, that I need to put on a non-Labveiw laptop, and then control via Matlab.

I need to write to, or read from the front panel controls and indicators.

Background:

On my computer I created 'TestGUI.vi', which I can control from Matlab via activex, using Matlab's actxserver() command. Everything works great.

Now I need to put this on a different laptop, that doesn't have Labview.

So I created an executable with activex server enabled, created an installer, then installed the code.

Using Matlab's 'command('TestGUI.vi')' function, the GUI opens and runs, but now I don't know how to access the controls (There is no reference or handle returned).

My questions

1) Am I going about this the right way? Or is there a better way to access front panel controls of a compiled vi?

2) Controlling via activex worked great on my computer, and I compiled with activex server enabled, but why doesn't Matlab's actxserver() function work anymore?

3) Does anyone know if there is a different Matlab command to use, and the correct syntax?

P.S. I am going to call Mathworks, and or post on their site, but in my experience, people in this forum are more helpful and have 'been there, and done that'.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,816 Views)

Well I have "been there and done that" sort of... In my case I wrote a LV executable that I accessed remotely from Excel via ActiveX. Do a search on the forum for "LabVIEW ActiveX server". This was a while ago (c. LV 8.2) but the process should be the same -- or hopefully easier.

Here's a thread I participated in...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,785 Views)