LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathscript and Autopopulating Folder Bug/Hangs LabVIEW -- includes steps and code to reproduce.

TL;DR -- don't use classes with mathscript nodes while using autopopulating foldres. LabVIEW hangs.

Attached is a zip file that reproduces this bug. If you have autopopulating folders and a method in a class with a mathscript node on the block diagram, LabVIEW hangs. Steps to reproduce:

1) Save all work and close LabVIEW because the later steps will cause you to have to kill LabVIEW.

2) Unzip the attached files and open the project. 

3) Change the folder type to autopopulating.

4) Close the project and try to reopen -- hangs

5) Open MathscriptBug.vi from disk

6) Delete the mathscript node and save

7) Reopen the project and turn autopopulating off

😎 Add the mathscript node back to the MathscriptBug.vi Block diagram

9) Save and close

10) Reopen the project and notice now that  autopopulating folders are off it works again.

Message 1 of 4
(2,910 Views)

Thanks for the easy steps to reproduce. I was able to find CAR 466667 which describes this behavior. I wasn't able to try this bbut it also lists another possible workaround as embedding the code in the node directly if that's an option and works.

As a side note, you made this really easy to search for. Searching CARs for "mathscript autopopulate class" only returns this CAR.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 4
(2,877 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Thanks for the easy steps to reproduce. I was able to find CAR 466667 which describes this behavior. I wasn't able to try this bbut it also lists another possible workaround as embedding the code in the node directly if that's an option and works.

As a side note, you made this really easy to search for. Searching CARs for "mathscript autopopulate class" only returns this CAR.

Imagine the amount of cumulative LV developer time that has been spent over the years figuring out if something is a bug and documenting the process to reproduce could have been saved if WE had the ability to search the CAR DB.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,848 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Imagine the amount of cumulative LV developer time that has been spent over the years figuring out if something is a bug and documenting the process to reproduce could have been saved if WE had the ability to search the CAR DB.

Ben

I don't have to imagine. It would have saved me 5 hours. 

Message 4 of 4
(2,830 Views)