LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass compile status message

As a rule just before I build a EXE from a project I do a Mass Compile of the entire project folder, and generally its quite clean with no adverse remarks. But of late whenever I try to do this for no obvious reason I get a status message that is full of warnings and most of it makes little or no sense... I am attaching  two such snapshots which have typical errors of two types - either its unable to load because its in memory or it was loaded from a different path.

Any insight into this process of Mass Compile and the way to get out of this mess is welcome . ( Even after all this, the project compiles fine and the EXE works great . LV20012 - SP1  on WIN 7 )

Thanks

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,353 Views)

It seems to me that you have copied some/most of the Report Generation Toolkit to your project directory.

The remarks are warnings, thats why your EXE runs without an obvious error.

The issue is created as some of your VIs include VIs from the standard Report Generation Toolkit (in the vi.lib folder) and some oVIs from the copied (C:\user\IRIS\...) version.

If you have no functional changes in those project specific versions of VIs from that toolkit, the EXE will also run without functional issues.

Sources of errors like this is e.g. having an example opne using the standard toolkit and then loading project sources (which originally bind to the copy). If you save the project VI (they do have a * right away), all paths to those toolkit subVIs are modified for the standard library.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,349 Views)