From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marker Position

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently looking to retrieve the position / number of a marker on a graph when I click it with my mouse,

I'm looking through the property node but I can not find one . I already made a similar method with a table and the node property "Arrayelements / position" giving a different value depending on the item clicked.

I'm on linux so the library is not available GetCursorPos (may be an equivalent ... but who knows if there's more simple).

If I find a solution in the meantime I'll let you know,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,345 Views)

what it is you call a marker? a point that belong to a plot? a cursor? a scale marker?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M.athieu.

You could use what I did in this example and get the index of the data and index the array to get the data point that you are looking for.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-add-a-cursor-to-a-waveform-graph-on-mouse-click/m-p/1583546/h...

I think that this is doing most of wat you are asking about except for getting the actual value.

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 4
(2,337 Views)

Yes I was talking about Scale Markers !

Thank you Tim, It solves my problem I think, I'll use Coords/Vertical and refer a value to a marker !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)