LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapped drives not accessible in LabVIEW

Using Win7 and LV 2013, I'm trying to access a mapped drive. LabVIEW can't find the drive at all. I see it listed in the Windows hard drives, when I try to open a VI in LabVIEW, the drive isn't listed.

The drive was mapped using the subst command.

I'm pretty certain I've done this before without any problems.

Anyone know of a setting that needs to be changed in the LabVIEW options? I'm also thinking it may be a permissions issue, although I am an administrator on the machine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,291 Views)

We have shared drives that I have mapped to drive letters using Map Network Drives in Windows Explorer.  If I open a Path control on the Front Panel, I can browse to the mapped drive using its Drive Letter (e.g. P:) and from there get to the folder and file I want.

I can also ignore the drive letter and get there by specifying the share as \\server\share (instead of P:) and it also finds it.

This is on Windows 7 x64, LabVIEW 201x (I know it works for 2012 and 2014, and recall it working for the other versions).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,257 Views)

Thanks for the confirmation that this works, Bob 🙂

I was able to fix my problems by changing the User Account Control (UAC) settings in Win7 to "Never Notify" and rebooting the system.

This also fixed a problem with TestStand not being able to link to LV.

-cous

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,220 Views)