From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually stop tdms-read, generation of time array out of dt

Hello,

I am using tdms read function to read my acquired data (8ch, 2.5MS/s each channel). The high necessary data rate results in file sizes up to 5GB. The user is able to select a part of the data to open it again. Sometimes the selected area of the data is to big, so the tdms read function seems to crash.

Is there a way to manually stop the reading, for example by pressing Escape on the keyboard?

At the moment I generate a time array using a for loop. Is there a more intelligent way?

2016-07-25_15h23_07.png

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,895 Views)

Hi Michael,

if it's not necessary the "Escape Button" but a button on the front panel, you can simply add a conditional terminal to the for loop and press the stop button.

Image 4.png

If you want to implement it with the escape button you have to insert an event structure that reacts on a "key down" event.

Hope this helps!

Best, Niko

Niko NR
Systems Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,858 Views)

Its Better to use a case with Boolean Input, Read/Pause(True/False). Based on that you can decide whether to Read or Pause

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,852 Views)

Hi  PalanivelT,

but then you read again everything at once or nothing at all, if i understand you correctly.

Actually, there is a ton of possibilities to solve that. You can also think of the following (I don't know if that was what you meant!):

stop for loop.png

and just for the sake of completeness here the other event case (different snippet, same VI):

stop for loop part 2.png

This will stop the for loop as soon as you press the Escape key.

Cheers, Niko

Niko NR
Systems Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,847 Views)