LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the taskbar of minimized vi FLASH

IS there a way to "FLASH" the taskbar of a vi flash when a user defined error has been encountered by the system? The vi I run is minimized when a test is run. When an error occurs, I want to notify the user by either bringing the front panel of the program to the Frontmost of the screen (in front of any other program that may be running) or by just indicating to the user by an orange or any other color flashing the taskbar.

Thanks!

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,245 Views)

Yeah, this is possible.  I've attached is a LV library for doing some Win32 stuff including getting the hanlde of a window and flashing it.

A

Message 2 of 9
(3,237 Views)

Thanks! But, how do I use it in my vi? would you mind giving me an example?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,225 Views)

Check out the Call DLL example that ships with LabVIEW, run it and select the HWND datatype.

See this thread.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-make-a-window-flash/m-p/1007605#M449866

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,216 Views)

Umm, have you looked at the SubVIs?  You feed in a refnum you get from Get Window Refnum.vi or you just give it the name of the window (the text you see in the title bar).  The code is not locked.  Take a look for yourself.

A

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,215 Views)

I get that it is a library of functions. I just dont understand how to implement it. An example like what Paul Falkenstein gave in the link Darin provided would really help with implementation. Or resources describing the functions used in the DLL.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,202 Views)

There is no external documenation.  They are named based on what they do.  They do have help.  If you turn on show context help and move your mouse on top of the block placed in a block diagram or open up the vi and put your mouse on the icon like this:

example to get help

Just try and put a block in a block diagram, it won't blow up I promise. 🙂

A

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,188 Views)

What do I wire to window refnum (NaWR) and Window Refnum out.  It for sure isn't VI Refnum, Application Refnum or Control Refnum. I also tried "This vi". I am not able to locate what control should be wired for this. If I do not want to enter the window name.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,177 Views)

You just enter in the name of the window you want to move i.e. 'This.vi Front Panel'. It's exactly what is displayed on the title bar of the window you want to move. You don't wire anything into the window refnum unless you have previously used the subVI Get Window Refnum. That subVI is in the Move Window by the way in case you did not look at the block diagram. At some point you HAVE to enter the window name.

Message 9 of 9
(3,168 Views)