From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a .exe In LabVIEW 8.2

I'm trying to make a stand alone executable from a vi created in Lab VIEW 8.2. I did not create the vi in a project, but I have moved It into one. I have been unable to make a exe that works on the none Lab VIEW computer. I have Three questions
1. Do I have to move all the sub .vis in to the project, or when I build the .exe will the builder go out and get them?

2. The computer I want to run the vi on already has the N.I 488 software on it because it is used by some third party software we run on the same machine. Do I need to include those drivers in the installer?

3. The computer is running Windows XP Pro. Do I have to make entries in the the registry be for the .exe will work? If so What? Were can I find information on this?
That's all for this project
TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,712 Views)

Hi

Have a look at this document: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303

To answer your questions:

1. Yes and no. In general, the application builder will include the complete vi hierarchy of vis you created and which are static. If you call vis dynamically, you have to include them separately.

2. If the software is already there, is should not be necessary to reinstall it.

3. Generally you do not have to make entries in the registry.

Finally, you have to install the apropriate LV runtime engine. Otherwise your exe won't run.

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
Message 2 of 7
(2,699 Views)
Thank you for the answers.
I do choose to install the Lab VIEW runtime, and the vi dose run but it will cnot communicate with the instruments. I know the address are right because the vi works on my lap top that that has LV 8.2 installed.
Since the third party software is a C++ program and may not use visa, and I do, should I click on one of the visa options on the "Additional Installers" page? if so which one?
Thanks again for your time
TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,668 Views)
Yes, this is necessary. Every driver you use in your vi (for instance visa, fieldpoint, DAQmx, ...) must also be installed on the target system. Since LV8.0 you can do this very easily. Just click the necessary additional installer.
Using LV8.0
Message 4 of 7
(2,658 Views)

Do you know which of the three?

• Visa Configuration Support 4.0
  • Visa Runtime 4.0
  • Visa Server 4.0

Thanks

TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,655 Views)
This depends on what you used, but in general the runtime should be ok.
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,627 Views)

I just used visa reads and writes on the GPIB, on this one.

Thanks a bunch for the help

TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,610 Views)