LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a 3D volumetric one image with lots of (data) images

>> I didn't understand to initiliaze Zx626x424. Could you tell me my mistake or what further I can do to get an image

See example with arrays, Z=5 - number of frames you want to accumulate, they go in sheets. original random array changes a little (linear scaling) to simulate your frames.

accumulate and slice images.png

>> it's the same output I am getting as I posted a picture above in gray scale

It depends on the slice you take. By default index array takes the first sheet (that you has just inserted). If you change array index, you see slice of your object from the other side.

PS. To have nice 3D display of the object based on the 3D array you will have, study Ben's links, they are perfect, almost a tutorial.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,261 Views)

can you share the vi you posted the picture of?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,234 Views)

I will save it to LV 8, when I get to that pc (monday). But it is a snippet, you can save image and drag-drop it on your block-diagram (2011 and above)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,206 Views)

Sure, thanks Alexander. I will do that on Monday and will let you know how did it work out for me. Thanks though. I appreciate. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,195 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,163 Views)

Hello Alex,

I tried to work with the .vi you gave me and I modified it according to my needs based on as I am working with IMAQ images so I modified it and hope you will see it in the picture attached too. Now, my problem is that I am trying to see the real time function that I can see the slices or stacked images on the intensity graph as the camera is capturing it. When I run this program then there are several lines showing in the profiler but nothing on the intensity graph.

What I believe is that I am missing on how to connect real time images coming through the camera to the big loop so that it takes it into account and I can see real time images.

Because when I entered e.g. 100 in (sheets) in your program then I was able to see 100 sheets accumulated, meaning the picture was different but in my case it;s black. 
So, I am attaching the picture and would like to know may be my mistake or if you could tell me how to connect images so that I can see real time images accumulated and then I would hopefully be able to slice it and see my result.

Thanks.

P.S: Any question is welcomed if I am not self-explanatory. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,147 Views)

ok....

1) You initialize array 4x3, when you insert new images, you take your top left corner of the picture 4x3 pixels. It does not happen with autoindexed tunnel and build array.

2) Intensity graph is black, because you are slicing along 6-th row (index 5) out of 4. Nothing there.

3) When you index array and do not connect indexi, by default it takes the first sheet (first image) as a 2D array and sends it to waveform. It would have given you (see 4) profiles for each row of an image. With your full image (1) it will be 424 graphs 626 long.

4) When you are multiplying images, you are multiplying I16 value of an image by a 100, if your image value was larger, than 327, it gets above 32768 (I16 limit). Depending on pixel value output changes sign - you are bouncing between 32k and -32k.

I was working with floating point numbers (no out of range problems) and dividing by N - top terminal was inversed indicated by a circle on compound arithmetic.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,127 Views)