LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make LV dll

hi all, when I use vi to make dll,but I can not use TCP/IP vis to make dll,why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,044 Views)

I'm sorry, but your question makes no sense. Can you please rephrase and add some more information. What do you mean about using TCP/IP functions to "make a DLL"? You use the Application Builder to make a DLL. Are you saying you're using TCP/IP in your program and when you make a DLL it no longer works? If so, please provide a description of what your program does, or upload your code if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,023 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry, yesterday my IE had some error;now you see the program,my question is if I use this program to make dll, can I use the dll in labview?

dig.png

the second picture,is the process make dll,but I can not see the Vi out?why?

pro.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,992 Views)

If you build a VI into a DLL then yes, you can use it in LabVIEW. Have you taken a look at the LabVIEW manual? Also, have you looked over this KB article: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303

Is there a reason you're trying to make that small amount of code into a DLL? Are you actually trying to use the DLL in another programming language?

Your second picture is too small. I cannot see anything in it. I also do not understand what you mean by  "can no see the Vi out". What is "Vi out"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,978 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,956 Views)

hi ,

I think I am "vi out" it mean output of vi,

pro.png

I don't see Vi output.I test small pro to make dll, it seems that in others pro language wil install LV runtime engin. I just want to know why it not have output, and can you make a example for me?thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,953 Views)

Your output is the string indicator called 'data out' in the VI and 'dataOut' in the function prototype. That's the only thing you have defined as an output so I don't understand what else you might be looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,946 Views)

I have to admit I'm also confused as to what output you're trying to get. Are you getting confused between a DLL and a subVI? Might it be that you're really trying to just make a subVI? Are you having trouble understanding how to call DLLs in LabVIEW (regardless of whether they were created in LabVIEW or in C)?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,926 Views)

Hi,

I think use English not really express my means,but I will still to use.my origin means is use labview to build dll, like VISA or TCP/IP can communicate easy, so my minds to use VISA or TCP/IP build dll and then use in C or VB.Maybe I can not use dll build fexible.

Thinking......

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,897 Views)