cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Standalone LabVIEW App - Include Visa & LabvIEW Run-time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I've used LabVIEW for over a decade but only for Windows, just getting into LabVIEW for mac, so please pardon any ignorant questions. 

I am developing a very simple project to be deployed stand-alone that needs LV Run-time and NI Visa. My project uses a simple USB-Serial device that I talk to using Visa. I used this link to package LabVIEW run-time with my app. I think I need to package NI Visa drivers as well. I am not sure how to do that. Anybody have any experience packaging drivers with stand alone apps for LabVIEW in mac? Thanks for your help.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author winterishere8

Hi SK8,

Unfortunately there is no way to add the installer option on MAC, as you said you can create the package to install the LabVIEW Run Time engine and the application, but in order to install the NI Visa drivers it is going to have to be installed separately.

Regards,

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,754 Views)

Thanks, Silvia. This is a limitation and there are more and more developers on Mac OS. Can you provide answers for couple questions:

1. Any plans to include Installer App like how we have for Windows OS?
  2. If [1] is not anytime soon, can NI provide a KB to deploy a stand-alone Mac app packaging drivers? I think this will be very valuable.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,733 Views)

Hi SK8,

You are welcome, now getting into your new questions, as far as I know there are no announcements of new releases regarding the LabVIEW installer app on MAC.Thank you very much for the feedbackI will comment here your issue in order to analyse the possibility of creating the KB to deploy a stand-alone mac app packing also the drivers. 

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,693 Views)