From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS word report generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to generate report in MS word.The functions used in report generation are appending test and appending table.At few instance of report generation getting the attachded warning/error And report is not generated.

Using SPI 2013 and MS word 2013.

Thanks,

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,919 Views)

To see where/if there is an error/misunderstanding in your code, we need to see your code.  Showing us the error message is not helpful (except to say "Oh, there is an error in your code", but you already knew that ...).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,899 Views)

Incidentally, do NOT paste a JPEG of your block diagram to show us the code.  Either attach the VI or paste a Snippet (if you don't know about Snippets, look up "VI Snippets" in the LabVIEW Help).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,898 Views)

Hi

VI attached.

Note:The error message appears randomly(Not always).

Thanks,

Chethan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,890 Views)

Is this code part of a loop? If so opening and closing MsWord repeatedly might be the cause.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chethan2009

The code looks "busy" (I'd recommend "hiding the details" inside sub-VIs) but otherwise OK.  A web search for the Error showed some instances where Norton Antivirus was a culprit, and where a bad Normal.dot template caused the error.  However, I would expect that these would always cause errors.

You know your environment better -- take a look on the Web by searching with the numeric (try both Hex and decimal) values.

BS

Message 6 of 6
(2,848 Views)