LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS office report

Was my previous message helpful?  Did it help you to decide to "byte the bullet" and program the four sub-reports in LabVIEW (a doable task), or do you think this is not what you want to do?  Are you still working on doing this in LabVIEW?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(785 Views)

Hi  Bob_Schor, I have been trying to keep alive my initial idea using the express vi (I spend a lot of time understanding how to create a template) the good news is that now I know exactly what is the problem I am facing and  as you could guess it is a problem for others too.  I found that there is a kind of uncompatibility between labview and ms word 2010-2013 and the tables are not well managed, more info can be found here  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Report-Generation-MS-Word-Table-Bug/td-p/1605170  and it looks like it happens even if I use the usual report generation vi's i.e. not the express vi; I am not totally sure about that because I did not try in that way. I know that this problem is only present when using word-type reports so I will try using the excel report option.

anyway I appreciate your help, support and time and once I have final solution I will post it here to benefit of the comunity.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(781 Views)

Notice that the example of the problem that you cite uses the Report Generation VIs that I recommend, not the Express VI.  Something like this solution would generate the Parts List table for you ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(772 Views)

I just try my old program but this time I am using ms word 2007 and all is working well, so the conclusion is that there is a kind of uncompatibility between labview NI_ReportGenerationToolkit and ms word 2010-13 in the sense that the tables are not well gestioned by  ms-word.

So, finally the situation is:

I want to generate a report using ms-word templates and the NI_ReportGenerationToolkit MS office express vi.

In my example I am getting some information from a couple of pop-up windows where the user can provide basic info. There is a template where the gathered info is placed according to defined bookmarks.  The report include a table  which IS NOT WELL MANAGED BY MS WORD 2010-2013 but for MS word 2007.  this problem is not present when using the MS excel report.

there are some attemps to solve this bug and some information can be found at

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Report-Generation-MS-Word-Table-Bug/td-p/1605170

VBWYT-BBWKV-P86YX-G642C-3C3D3

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(764 Views)

Congratulations on your persistence and figuring this out for yourself1

BS

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(752 Views)