From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office Report Express VI - row limit

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All!

I have problem using MS Office Express VI when I'm trying to send a lot of measurement data. I'm sending a 5 columns of data and when I have more than approx. 130 000 samples then the MS Office Express VI doesn't create report. I see MS Excel opens and closes immediately. When I'm sending less data there is no problem. Also when I have more than 130 000 rows of data and using export to excel directly in labview chart there is no problem. It looks like MS Office Express VI has row limit but I couldn't find the information about this. Any help needed 🙂

Kind Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sakubh

sakubh a écrit :

Hi All!

I have problem using MS Office Express VI when I'm trying to send a lot of measurement data. I'm sending a 5 columns of data and when I have more than approx. 130 000 samples then the MS Office Express VI doesn't create report. I see MS Excel opens and closes immediately. When I'm sending less data there is no problem. Also when I have more than 130 000 rows of data and using export to excel directly in labview chart there is no problem. It looks like MS Office Express VI has row limit but I couldn't find the information about this. Any help needed 🙂

Kind Regards

The Office Express vi uses a .xlt template when you use the Basic Report for Excel setting. So the generated .xls report will be limited to 65536 rows. You can create your own .xltx template and set the Express vi to Custom Report For Excel. This way you will be able to write up to a million rows to a .xlsx file.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,728 Views)

Thanks for help! I was using Excel 2003 Template (.xlt) which was limited to 65536 rows and 256 columns. My solution for the problem is to save the same Excel Template in Excel 2007 (.xltx) format. Excel 2007 is limited to 1048576 rows and 16384 columns. Previously I could save only 10 minutes of measurement data, now I can save almost 3 hours of measurement data.

Kind Regards

Sakubh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,704 Views)