LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office Report Express VI in a builded application

Where do I have to put the used Exell template defined in the MS Office Report Express VI in case of a builded (.exe) application ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,290 Views)
In your program on the block diagram you have an input for the path of the report template. The report template must then reside at the same path on your target machine as it did on the development machine. Your other option is to let the user navigate to the template to use, but this tends to be a little annoying to the user if it's the same template and the program is used frequently.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,289 Views)
Are you sure you are talking about the Express VI, because I see no input for template path ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,280 Views)
Your right. I apologize. My method is for the non-Express vi's. So with the Express vi's you should have a MS Office Report vi that uses a template. If you right click on this and select properties, a configuration window appears in which there is another window where you can navigate to the path of your template. As stated before, your report template must reside at the same location on the target machine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,266 Views)