NI site, but what I want to do requires only simple examples. Like open,
read, write and close database. So if anyone of you can send me simple
examples I will appreciate this

I'm using the SQL toolkit

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,011 Views)
If you have the SQL toolkit it is quite easy to communicate to database.
First if you don't know the basics of SQL language I suggest you to buy a dedicated book, there are many, and concentrate on SELECT, INSERT commands.
Second you have to configure the ODBC to make your Access database be accessible from other applications (LV).
Then you can start using the easy SQL vi to rethrive (SELECT) or insert data in your database. You could also train with the database browser of the SQL toolkit.

This is just an introduction on the first approach to SQL communication with LV, if you need some more detailed information get in touch directly with me.

altek@tin.it
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,011 Views)
The hardest part about the toolkit is just learning SQL syntax. I've attached an example that does a simple read and write. You'll have to configure the ODBC manager before you use it.
Message 3 of 5
(3,011 Views)

I can't open the file with labview 8.5 ,,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,630 Views)
That's because it's written using an old version of LabVIEW. It's also using an old version of the database toolkit, so it's probably not going to do you any good since you probably won't be able to find the toolkit VIs. But, if you want to try, attached is an 8.2 version.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,624 Views)