LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPU 9150 Magnetometer

Hello Everyone! I;m new to these forums, I'm sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area.

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding how to interface with the MPU 9150 with I2C(Sparkfun 9-axis Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer) and its magnetometer on the breakout board. I have looked through many examples and have been able to pull out raw data from the Accel/Gyro, but nothing useful (in my opinion) from the compass. I have looked through several forums including I2C devlib and here, and nothing seems to get me very far. The devices I am using:

NI myRIO 1900

MPU 9150 [I2C], not MPU 9250

I have made a labview file as well to see if I can get compass values, Screenshots will be included. Can anyone help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,709 Views)

Hi skaarj,

What are you expecting to see from the MPU 9150? What are you currently seeing? What specific breakout board are you refering to? Do you have questions regarding the physical set-up of the MPU 9150 or questions regarding programming the myRIO in LabVIEW?

Andy

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,617 Views)

I actually just figured out what I was doing wrong; I am programming in I2c in labview, and reading my datasheet it mentioned the magnetometer has a "single-read-only" set up, so I needed to take a reading, set it into single read mode, wait for 1ms, then take another reading. it works now, I just need to calibrate it and hopefully output readable data. My original question was about I2C programming in labview but I think I figured that one out as well! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,610 Views)

Hi Skaarj,

I am also trying to work with MPU9250 with Arduino UnoR3. 

Could you please share your code?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,432 Views)

Hi abilgi,

It looks like you are asking a specific question to skaarj, however this reply will get minimal visibility. Posting on forums threads that are more than a few weeks old will get less visibility than posting a new thread. It may be worthwhile to create a new post in the future.

Best Regards,

Andy

Applications Engineer

National Insturments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,381 Views)