From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC state restriction

Hello!,

I'm trying to build a model predictive controller (MPC) on a MyRio system. Now I'm focusing on the design of the MPC, and I have one question.

Exist any possibility to implement a restriction on some state of the model? (x>K, for example). With the LabView CD MPC, you just can restrict the control action and the output. 

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,686 Views)

Carlos

This feature was not actually design in the API. So, it is not something you could obtain directly from the API.

Now, maybe a trick like making the state as output by modifying the model and try to apply constraint on that output could be possible. However, I am not sure how 'secure' this option would be since you could have coupling within the states and, most important, I am not sure if the solver would be able to have those additional constraints and be able to solve it.

Hope this helps,

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,645 Views)

Thanks for your repply,

Exists any example that shows the implementation of this type of constraints? Seems a good idea from the LabView team to implement this possibility because of a lot of models require state constraints.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,610 Views)