LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKS PR4000 CONTROLLER driver for labview 8.6

I need to interface the MKS PR4000 (two chanels for pressure transducer) with labview 8.6. Do I need to install the particular drivers? Where can I find it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 80
(6,741 Views)
Did you try to find it from the Tools>Find Instrument Driver menu? In any case, there is the Instrument Driver Network and it has a driver for the PR4000.
Message 2 of 80
(6,714 Views)

Dear MYLONG,

In my lab. we have this instrument (MKS PR4000) for readout of two capacitance manometer gauges (0.05 mbar and 1 mbar full range). Our PR4000 has serial output (RS232).

I wrote a small program in LabView for pressure logging long time ago.    If your PR4000 also comes with serial output than I can send it to you.

Let me know.

best regards,

Bojan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 80
(6,694 Views)

Dear Bojan,

If you can send me, I pretty appreciate it. My email: fan_long2002@yahoo.com.cn

Thank you so much!
Regards,

Yanfang

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 80
(6,679 Views)

That version is for labview 6.02. My labview is 8.6.

Is it ok?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 80
(6,672 Views)
Whether it is okay or not will be for you to determine. It is not supported by NI.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 80
(6,661 Views)

Hello BZajec,

I read your email regarding the PR4000.

I am trying to communicate with A PR4000 (single channel) device via RS232.

You mentioned in your email that you had written a program for this. If you still have it available could you please send me it and I will re-develop for the single channel PR4000. I am very confused with the command syntax used as described in the PR4000 manual.

Thanks,

Nevica 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 80
(6,475 Views)

Hello BZajec,

I read your email regarding the PR4000.

I am trying to communicate with A PR4000 (single channel) device via RS232.

You mentioned in your email that you had written a program for this. If you still have it available could you please send me it and I will re-develop for the single channel PR4000. I am very confused with the command syntax used as described in the PR4000 manual.

Thanks,

Nevica 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 80
(6,474 Views)

Hello Nevica,

before sending you the program you must establish a communication between your computer and PR4000. I assume you have not succeeded in this. 

Try this below, before I send you the program. If it works, then let me know and I will send you the program. 

First you need to setup the pr4000 (by pressing keys) communication. I have done this long time ago, but as far as I remember it should be pretty simple. I hope you have a manual for pr4000, otherwise you can get a somewhat older version e.g. here:
http://www.lesker.com/NewWeb/Process_Instruments/pdf/PR4000F_EN_0500A1.pdf

Setup the communication (RS232 interface) to 9600 baud, Parity: NONE

I also hope you have a proper cable to connect the pr4000 and your computer.

I attached a simple program that you can use to verify the communication of pr4000 - the program is in labview.

In the "port number" enter  0 for com1, 1 for com2 port etc.

In the "String write " field write a command, e.g.  "ID"     (without quotation marks and do not press enter at the end)

the run the program. If everything works fine, you should get a string starting with PR and several numbers. ID command asks for identification.

Then try AV1    and you should get the value of channel1.       See the manual for other commands.
I hope this will work.

Once you have this working, let me know and I will send you the program.  I am asking you to do this test first, because my program is very simple and will not work in case the communication is not established.

regards,

Bojan 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 80
(6,460 Views)

Hello BZajec,

Thanks for your reply.

I have set up the instrument via null modem (crossed) RS232 cable and have communicated with the instrument via hyperterminal in Microsoft XP. The only command to which I have had a response is 'v' which has returned 'PR41413602' and what is I think the instrument ID.

I have tried sending the command 'AV1' but I get no response.

I am very unclear from the PR4000 manual as to what the command syntax is.

Also I have tried running one of the PR4000 Labview Vi's. I am having a VISA problem which I don't know how to solve. Are you able to help me with this. (Please see attachment for screenshot of the problem.)

Also I have the latest vesion of Labview (9) and I cannot run your vi because it is an earlier version. Could you please tell me which version you are running?

Thanks for you help,

Nevica

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 80
(6,457 Views)