Go to solution

Support Question:

MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load neither mkl_p3.dll nor mkl_def.dll

Hi;

I have a large Labview Real Time applications that I recently converted from

Labview 8.01 to Labview 8.5.1.

The App builder compiles the executable and then makes a data directory

that contains the following files:

geom.dll, Callback.dll, CVI_LVRT.dll, lvalarms.dll, lvuste.dll, nbfifo.dll, settime.dll, lvanlys.dll.

The first two are our in house libraries and the others are standard

labview files, with the same names as in the previous version. The only difference in the

data directory is the large number of *.mnu files with mathematical names.

Examples are:

Discrete Math.mnu, Elliptic and Parabolic Functions.mnu, Copy of ananova.mnu,

Copy of anfilt.mnu, Copy of Bessel Functions.mnu

... Around 50 of them.

When the dependency files are copied to the PXI as usual, the kernel crashes with the

following message:

“MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load neither mkl_p3.dll nor mkl_def.dll”

Since my PXI system was previously running labview 8.01; I reformatted and reloaded

everything to make sure …

This behavior was observed on two different systems, one virgin and the other upgraded.

Upon replacing the "lvanlys.dll" file with the previous version from

labview 8.01, everything works fine; but I am not sure here is I am exposing myself…

Now this got me thinking and I searched harddrive to see if there was perhaps an RT specific version of this file. I found the file "lvanlys_RT.dll" copied it to the PXI system and then deleted the file:"lvanlys.dll" The PXI system booted correctly. The program appears to work correctly. No mention is made of this file anywhere (NI Website included); and obviously they must be a reason for having it out there. It’s also bigger than the regular “lvanlys.dll” which is a clue in itself of a recent changes and something missing in the standard version if used on RT as the real time libraries are usually smaller not bigger than the win32’s… Infact I expected the builder to put the real time version of this file into my project since it’s set for realtime but this is not the case.

Regular NI email support hasn’t been able to help yet…

After reading the forums; I decided to recreate all the functions that use the "lvanlys.dll" library. I searched and copied them to a different directory. Shut down labview; opening each one at a time and deleting the functions from the library (Peak, mean, Polynomial fit …) and then saving each function. Then launched labview and replaced the functions from the palette, saved them, copied each to it’s original location and then relaunch labview. The thinking here being that if some dependency was set wrong in this functions, then the environment will have a chance to get it right.

I have even added the vi’s using the :"lvanlys.dll" library to my real project without a difference. Nothing changed.

Now what is going on here ?

I can continue to do what I am doing; but it feel bad when the builder includes libraries that won’t work with the platform being compiled for and I don’t understand why.

Can anyone help ?

Additional information. Of note is the fact that I am using Daqmx 8.6.0 …

Now here are the list of modules loaded on labview RT:

AO SERIES 8.6.0
DIGITAL I/O 8.6.0
DataSocket for LabviewReal-Time 4.5
Dynamic Signal acquisition 8.6.0
Intel 8254x Ethernet Driver 2.3.1.3.1
Intel 8255x 10/100Mps Ethernet Driver 2.1.0.0
Labview Real-Time 8.5
Language Support for Labview RT 1.0.0.2
Multifunction DAQ(E, M, and S Series) 8.6.0
NI Vision RT 8.5
NI-488.2 RT 2.5.2
NI-653x8.6.0
NI-DAQmx 8.6.0
NI-DAQmx OPC Support 8.6.0
NI-IMAQ RT 4.0.0
NI-IMAQ Server 2.5
NI-IMAQ for IEE 1394 RT 2.05
NI-IRDA RT 1.02
NI-Motion 73xx Controller Support 7.6.0
NI-RIO 2.4.0
NI-SCXI 8.6.0
NI-Serial RT 3.3.0
NI-VISA 4.3
NI-VISA Server 4.3
NI-Watchdog 2.2.0
Network Variable Engine 1.4.0
Switches 8.6.0
TIO Series(Counter Timer) 8.6.0
Variable Client Support for Labview RT 1.4.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,400 Views)

Hi stranger,

What is your os? vista?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,391 Views)

Hi Muks;

Developing on Windows XP and deploying to Labview RT(Pharlap) 8.5.1 with daqmx 8.6

Infact the correct library is installed with labview dev; the app builder just doesn't select it.

It also appears on the RT system, the run time looks for 

lvanlys.dll  and only if it doesn't find it will it look for and load lvanlys_RT.dll if it exist.

Regards

Message 3 of 6
(5,386 Views)

Was there ever a resolution to this problem?

I have a customer with this same issue:

"mkl fatal error

Cannot load mkl_p4.dll

Cannot load def.dll "

Cannot access the FTP server and have tried booting into Safe Mode as well as disabling RT via the DIP switches found inside the controller.

LabVIEW 8.5

PXI Support for Windows

Windows XP Professional

Thank You,

Craig 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,030 Views)

When LV RT is installed on your target, the RT version of lvanlys.dll is installed to the ni-rt\system folder.  This is the version of the dll that should be used.  Do not FTP the lvanlys.dll that is in the \data folder built with your exe to the RT target. (as a note, if you use deploy from the LV Project, LV handles which dlls are already on the target and which ones aren't)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,923 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stranger

Hi

I am done with this project so I won't get too detailed...

Just a few comments. The solution below works if you have 8.01 or so on the controller to start with.

But when I upgraded the controller to 8.5.1 0r 8.6, or reinstalled from scratch, this file was upgraded by itself

and when I tried to execute the RT application in interactive mode, the same thing happened which was

in the final analysis very annoying.

I simply had to replaced  the new version from 8.5.1 of this file with the old version from 8.01 which is quite small.

So to me, this is a bug !

Perhaps caused by an interdependency play between many libraries in my application; but never the less a bug to be fixed.

Walters

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,917 Views)