From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.MED FILES

Hello,

I need to open some files with the extension .med. Do anybody know which programs are creating this files, and how I can read/interpretate it? The only think I know is that it is including vibration data from a wind turbine. Many thanks in advance. Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,151 Views)

I have never heard of the .med extension and according to google there are probably dozens of different programs that use that extension.  One that almost makes sense is IrfanView, but it is a graphics program so it could be a screen shot and not actual data.

Have you tried opening it up in notepad or something similar just to see what happens?  I would hope that the person that gave you the data could get more information about the file.

Hopefully someone will come along with an answer.  But if they don't it could be next to impossible to decode if it is some sort of custom binary format.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,139 Views)
Hello,
Many thanks for your answer. I did open the file with the notepad, and there is a mixture of text, and eventually a massive quantity of ASCII symbols.. It looks like something custom... Many thanks again. Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,122 Views)