From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP2210 DLL and LabVIEW 2014

Okay, nathand and nyc, i'm a stupid narcissist !

All I wanted was to know how can I use the MCP2210 dll because it was the first time I used dll and, you are right, Microchip don't give the good tools to use it with LabVIEW.

I even have to change the two dll which this one need : MSVCP90.dll and MSVCR90.dll, in the same directory but with no result in LabVIEW.

All I ask was a thread or ideas where to search the solution and not the solution of MY project. I only thought these informations could serve me and others.

Thank you Lynns, have you solved your problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,544 Views)

@JP67 wrote:

All I wanted was to know how can I use the MCP2210 dll because it was the first time I used dll and, you are right, Microchip don't give the good tools to use it with LabVIEW.

I even have to change the two dll which this one need : MSVCP90.dll and MSVCR90.dll, in the same directory but with no result in LabVIEW.

All I ask was a thread or ideas where to search the solution and not the solution of MY project. I only thought these informations could serve me and others.

And when you received no answers here, you whined about people being unhelpful. 

And then you came back to brag about getting your answer somewhere else.

I do not view these actions as trying to be "helpful" to others.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,523 Views)

In all of your responses you have never provided any useful response. You must be a lonely person.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,500 Views)

Comeon guys, this is a completely useless exchange. The original request was pretty unspecific and did not provide a lot of information about what would be the problem. Accordingly it didn't produce a lot of useful feedback. But starting to call each other names after that is even less productive.

Accessing DLLs is not really a LabVIEW problem. LabVIEW provides the tools and tries to make it as simple as possible to access any possible DLL out there and then it's the users responsibility to understand how the specific DLL works and should be interfaced. LabVIEW can not do more than it already does, since the DLL interface is a pretty loosely defined interface that provides not much more information than the function names itself. How these functions need to be called is entirely up to the programmer, and that is not the developers of LabVIEW but you as the users of LabVIEW.

If you want a technical answer you need to ask a technical question. "It doesn't work!" is not technical, neither is "Please help me to make this work!"

A proper post about something like this contains the actual VIs you have already tried to make work, the documentation about the DLL and the header files for the DLL. With anything less than this it is hard to provide support for such a question. You basically expect us to find out what the DLL is, where it comes from, where one can find its documentation and write some test VIs to find out how it may work. And that all for someone who in all likelyhood doesn't have access to the real hardware so can't really test it on his own system.

You need to provide as much information and help as possible to the people on this forum in order to help them helping you or you end up with no useful answers!

And the last post was completely unneeded for. I have read quite a few of nyc's responses and they are quite often far from providing no help at all to the original poster!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,492 Views)

Could you save and post a copy for Labview 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,457 Views)
Again, not enough information. Who are you addressing this to and what code?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,439 Views)

I WAS REPLYING TO THE POST BY JP67 ON 5/19/2015.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,426 Views)

I can't help but think that you would have your answer by now if, instead of spending the time begging for someone to do your work for you and complaining, you spent it actually refining your questions and trying stuff out.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,369 Views)

The post from JP67 was very clear. There is a problem with the MCP2210 dll. On the Microchip forum many engineers are having the same problem.

I assumed that this forum was for professional engineers and not a bunch of children

JP67

nathand

If you want a good answer, ask a good question. "Can I have some help?" is not a good question. Post your code, explain what doesn't work, include the text and error code for any errors that occur.

nyc

How is the "difficulties" of MCP2210 DLL any fault of the LabVIEW community here????

It is a DLL written by Microchip. Blame them them instead.

And for your information, no one here is under any obligation to help you with YOUR project.

It is YOUR project. Not our project.  Talk about being a narcissist.

And when you received no answers here, you whined about people being unhelpful. 

And then you came back to brag about getting your answer somewhere else.

I do not view these actions as trying to be "helpful" to others.

rolfk

And the last post was completely unneeded for. I have read quite a few of nyc's responses and they are quite often far from providing no help at all to the original poster!

billko

I can't help but think that you would have your answer by now if, instead of spending the time begging for someone to do your work for you and complaining, you spent it actually refining your questions and trying stuff out.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,321 Views)
Nothing that you have posted or from the original is clear. There is no mention of the actual code being used with the call library function node and no mention of what sort of error you get when calling the dll. You are the one with the hardware and software and no one here can help if you don't provide the necessary details. You haven't even said you tried the wizard to import the dll. For that matter, no one knows whether it's a c type, ActiveX, or .NET dll?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,310 Views)