LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX RT Target Update Error nipal.err file not found

when trying to run a test on the daq assistant, receive error stsing that drivers don't match on RT target and host. When try to reinstall NI-DAQmx 7.2.0 get error file not found ...\NI-PAL\1.8.2.3.0\nipal.err. I checked, the file is not there.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,623 Views)
Hello,

I don't understand if you get this when trying to reinstall DAQmx on your computer or in the RT box. If it is on the RT box, you might want to try uninstalling all the software and then reinstalling it. If it is reinstalling in your computer, I would first try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it. If that doesn't fix it, you can try upgrading NI-VISA and that should install the latest version of the driver you are missing. Then install DAQmx.
Hope this helps.

Ricardo
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,605 Views)
Hello,

I don't understand if you get this when trying to reinstall DAQmx on your computer or in the RT box.

I am trying to download the software to the RT target from the host (MAX Real Time Software Install Wizard).

you might want to try uninstalling all the software and then reinstalling it. If it is reinstalling in your computer, I would first try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it. If that doesn't fix it, you can try upgrading NI-VISA and that should install the latest version of the driver you are missing. Then install DAQmx

I tried to uninstall and reinstall DAQmx on the RT target but receive the nipal.err file not found error (the file it is looking for should be on the host). I tried to reinstall VISA on the RT Target and also receive a file not found error: error reading from local disk visa-eng.err.

So no luck as of yet with the DAQmx

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,602 Views)
Hello Tom,

Thank you for the information. NI-PAL is a software that gets installed with DAQ, VISA, and other drivers. When I said to upgrade VISA or reinstall it, I meant on the host computer. So try reinstalling either VISA or DAQmx in your computer and that should fix it.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,599 Views)