cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX Configuration Export?!!?

Solved!
Go to solution

I just don't get it?!

What is the point of the MAX Configuration export/import feature, and why does my installer build allow (not require) one to be defined?!

We have a project that was developed on a NI PXI-1044 chassis. It now resides in a configuration-management system, and occasionally we want to take it out to make changes and build it on a system that now knows nothing about PXI/Chassis/Controllers/etc, etc. In fact we don't have the hardware anymore. But this Hardware Configuration option inside the installer build seems to demand a configuration file be defined by MAX on the host system used for building the project. Which is no longer the PXI-1044 chassis but a different PC altogether.

Why does this hardware configuration option exist? What is its purpose when it comes to installation of a built (as an installer) project. Why can't I live without it?!

This may be a basic question, but it makes no sense to me. I come from a convential script based programming background (C/C++/Ada etc).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by skol45uk
The hardware configuration is not at all unique to LabVIEW and you also use it with all other languages when appropriate. The configuration includes device names, custom scales, tasks, etc. You either include the configuration you created on the original pc or recreate it on the deployed pc. If you have not used MAX for any configuration, then you don't have to export/import it but correct name detection, scales, etc. have to all be done in the program itself.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,434 Views)