LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATLAB pcolor and LABVIEW Intensity Graph

Hello all

I have a data matrix which i want to plot using intensity graph of LABVIEW. My problem is that when i plot this matrix using MATLAB pcolor along with "shading interp" command, i got a very fine and smooth coloring graph of this matrix, however, using LABVIEW Intensity graph along with getcolor vi, i was not able to get a smooth coloring graph comparable to MATLAB pcolor. I have tried many setting but results were not satisfactory

Is this due to a limitation of LABVIEW intensity graph or i am missing something? Kindly help me

Best Regards

Asim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,040 Views)

Hello Asim,

Could you provide an example of what results you are trying to achieve as well as what you currently get?  Screen captures would be extremely helpful. What specifically is not satisfactory? Without more information, people will only be able to give you general advice on the intensity plot.

If possible, please post an example VI containing an intensity plot with the configuration you're using as well as a sample array that you're graphing.

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,016 Views)

Dear Tom L.

Thanks for reply. I am attaching results of both MATLAB pcolor and LABVIEW intensity graph for same matrix of size 40 X 16384. Matrix is also attached in .mat format. The LABVIEW VI is also attached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,007 Views)

Thanks for providing that Asim, unfortunately the VI you provided is unusable as-is.  There is a subVI missing, and while not critical, it's difficult to tell how you're setting up the intensity graph without that VI.  Additionally, it doesn't appear that there is any graph data included in the VI you provided and a third-party software license would be required to use this VI.  Could you upload the data you're handling in a format that works without any external tools?

As for thoughts on the differences in the plots; they are largely similar in appearance, although it does appear that you're using a different color scale in LabVIEW- the majority of your scale is in the blue-green range, rather than continuing linearly through yellow, orange, and red. You're going to lose a lot of visual resolution in the ranges you're highlighting due to this. The plot you're trying to achieve also appears to be interpolated or blurred around the edges of bins, are you actually plotting data between integers on the x-axis, or is this an artefact introduced by the software?

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,985 Views)