LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowpass filtering an array of waveforms with different cutoff frequencies

Sorry for the delayed response, BoKnows. Its been awhile and I'm just coming back to this problem (still have not found a good solution). What do you mean the cloans?

Just to re-clarify my goals here, I want to develop an application where my users have the ability to apply filters to live data (with different cutoff frequencies or without any filter on some channels). This doesn't seem to work very gracefully with any of the filters included in the Signal Processing toolbar (for example the Buttersworth filter).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(727 Views)

If you go to File->VI Properties and choose "Execution" from the drop-down menu, you'll have a radio button option towards the upper left of this window.  You have three options regarding re-entrancy: non-reentrant, shared clone reentrant,  preallocated clone reentrant.

If you're sharing data between the filters, it sounds like you're operating with shared clone.  In that case, they're using the same memory space so I'd expect to see data bleed between them.  The shift register would be shared between them.  If you use preallocated clone, you're going to create a separate instance for each.  I wouldn't expect this to share the information between the filters.  Did you try this option or did you select the second?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(688 Views)