LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of Boolean indicators

My front panel has three tabs that are populated with lots of boolean indicators.  What's the best way to minimize the mess on the block diagram.  I'm also using references for a number of boolean controls as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,524 Views)

That really depends on what you are using them to indicate.  Arrays and clusters are the first things that come to mind.  If they represent some kind of image or visual display as opposed to individual signals an intensity graph might be a consideration.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,520 Views)

The best way is use one array of boolean for each tabs as . That will make the front panel clean and in the block diagram you can mangae them easily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,501 Views)

That will work if the indicators are together in a line.  My indicators are spread out over a graphic.  Perhaps if I make the graphic and the many indicators part of the control?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,477 Views)

@ahhah wrote:

That will work if the indicators are together in a line.  My indicators are spread out over a graphic.  Perhaps if I make the graphic and the many indicators part of the control?

You can put them in a cluster, customize the cluster to make its size the same as the graphic and make its background transparent and then put the cluster over your graphic (assuming you don't do any graph manipulation ion the GUI like moving cursors).

note: set the cluster autosizing to none.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,465 Views)

Addendum, if you use the cluster idea, you can use cluster to array to handle it with the nice array functions when needed.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,460 Views)

Please post your VI along with an indication of what you like and do not like about the way you are doing it now. Otherwise we are guessing about what you want.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,433 Views)

Post your VI in 2011 compatible format. Will deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,405 Views)