From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop timer not working properly

loop timer.png

Hi, I am using loop timer and a shift register to control the fpga while loop time as the picture above. 

A strange thing happened to me where the loop time is not being controlled at all. Even if I put 1400 for PID_dT input, the output shows 20000 which is way too high for me. It worked fine before and I have not changed anything in the FPGA file. It happened to me before, and the solution was to reinstall the software all over again, and I really do not want to reinstall the software again. I wonder if there is any settings that I might have changed? Can anyone help me with this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,717 Views)

Hi Kim,

is there anything else in the loop forcing the FPGA code to wait?

(Sometimes you have to wait for IO nodes!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,701 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

Thank you for your reply. 

No there is not such thing in the loop forcing the code to wait. 

Is there anything else that might cause this problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,697 Views)

Hi Kim,

maybe.

Show the full code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,690 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

I just created a random vi that does not contain complicated code (just creating some sine wave) with the same while loop, shift register, and the loop timer, and it still showed the same problem. 

So I guess the code is not the problem but something with the software itself. I also tried running other files which I know that definitely worked, also shows the same problem...... I tried searching in the forum to see if other people experienced it also but this has not been very successful. Very strange because this happened to me twice already. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,645 Views)

@incasekim wrote:

Hi GerdW, 

I just created a random vi that does not contain complicated code (just creating some sine wave) with the same while loop, shift register, and the loop timer, and it still showed the same problem. 

So I guess the code is not the problem but something with the software itself. I also tried running other files which I know that definitely worked, also shows the same problem...... I tried searching in the forum to see if other people experienced it also but this has not been very successful. Very strange because this happened to me twice already. 

Sorry I misread your post.  I see that you tried code that worked before also.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,632 Views)