cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking help for developing labview code [Urgent]

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,
I need help in developing labview code. I am new to labview and will appreciate if someone can help me in this matter. I need to control the intensity of AC load (halogen lamp with 2kW,230V,50Hz) using Labview and Arduino. But my project using interrupt in Arduino, so it is not possible to use Labview Interface For Arduino(LIFA).  I searched and it might be possible to use VISA serial in this matter. Attached is the circuit and the code of Arduino. Someone who is expert in this matter can help me?

The concept of my project is almost same with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeVJ5bs6E8M&feature=youtu.be

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,464 Views)

Dear Felicia,

You can use LabVIEW to create a monitoring application for your system. You can tell your arduino (or any other micro-controller) to send and recieve Serial commands (UART-RS232) with LabVIEW and monitor the the intensity of your Halogen Lamp.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,444 Views)

Could you please give me some idea how to develop the labview vi based on the arduino code attached?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author feliciacpw92

Hi,

You will find all information you need and LabVIEW VI examples on the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

Regards,

Valentin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabWindowsCVI Developer
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,387 Views)

Hi there,
I tried to use LIFA at first. but my project will be using interrupt in Arduino to monitor the AC phase control. therefore, due to the limitation in LIFA, interrupt can't be used. So i am now trying to move my target to visa serial in arduino. however, i am not sure in constructing the labview vi. my Labview will be used to control the intensity of the halogen lamp. (by using the slider in the front panel)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,366 Views)

@feliciacpw92 wrote:

So i am now trying to move my target to visa serial in arduino. however, i am not sure in constructing the labview vi. my Labview will be used to control the intensity of the halogen lamp. (by using the slider in the front panel)

LabVIEW ships with serial port communication examples.

Message 6 of 7
(2,360 Views)
Could you advise how to write a vi for this? or some example.vi exist?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,353 Views)