From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for sensiron liquid flow meter VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anyone steer me to a VI for a Sensiron liquid flow meter? I am using a ASL 1600-20

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(5,118 Views)

Hello,

I could not find any code on either NI's Development Zone or on www.ni.com/idnet (where we store drivers for 3rd party hardware).  I did find two drivers for humidity sensors from Sensirion.  I've attached the link below.  While we do not currently have any code written, there are resources available to help you create your own driver.  First you will need the manual on the ASL 1600-20.  I searched Sensirion's site, but only found the second link below.  You may want to contact Sensirion and see if they have any documentation on how to communicate with their flow meter using the serial protocol.  We also have some tools available for you at the last link.  At the bottom of the page of the third document below, there is a tab for "Learn to Build Instrument Drivers".  Here we have many links to videos and article to assist you.  Good luck!

Sensirion Drivers on IDNet

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:id,n2:RS.sensirion,ss...

Micro Flow Meter Series ASL1600 for Liquids

http://www.sensirion.com/en/02_liquid_flow_sensors/03_liquid_flow_meter/03_asl-1600.htm

IDNet (Learn to build drivers)

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(5,092 Views)

Thanks Shawn,

I have the manual with communication protocol and one of the labview instructors along with my rep are helping me make a driver for it.

If it works I will post it.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(5,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Truckryder1

Thanks to the folks at Stanford and the University of Santa Clara it now works I will attach the vi's

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(5,029 Views)

And Thanks bigtime to Bob Hoffman at NI for his help getting it working

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,029 Views)

Hi Joel,

Thanks for posting these two VIs.  I am also working on getting the Sensirion ASL1600 to interface with labview and these examples are very helpful.  Would you be able to post the subVI's  "getFlowRateSensirion.vi" , "getSampleSensirion.vi", "startSampleSensirion" and "closeSensirion.vi" that are used in the ExampleSensirion.vi that you posted above?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,988 Views)

Yes, I will post them tomorrow when I get to the computer that contains them.

This set of VIs works but definitely is not bulletproof.

Please copy me if you make improvements that may help.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,982 Views)

Here are the first ones

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,969 Views)

Here are the rest, let me know if you are missing anything and how they work for you,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,968 Views)

Here is a little more bulletproof initialize vi for it, the other one oiccasionally showed errors

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,940 Views)