LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for best way to filter status or meter data from differently formatted text.

With the product we design we are able to communicate via RS-232 ports. What I'm trying to do is filter out the data that is given by multiple differnt types of products that will give similar data back, but in a differnt format. Such that in a status command I'm looking for everything to be in a non failed state. But some items will show warning, failure, #.##w(for warning), or #.##f (for fail). But the format of each product is different. Also for a meter command I'm looking for a way to filter out just the numeric value for each phase amplitude, but once again the format will be different for each product. I have been able to pull this data out easy enough for an individual product but not on a wide product range with the same VI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,088 Views)
For a good example go to http://www.selinc.com/relarack.htm and click on Rack 1. Check out two differnt products and type in an ACC command and Status or meter on both. This information is what I'm trying to filter out.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,086 Views)
"Service is not available at this time
Try back later"

Bye...

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,079 Views)
Hi Travis,

I tested out rack2.selinc.com since rack1 was not available. It seems that this is just a lot of string parsing. Once you have the information, you will probably just want to parse through the data based on the command given, and then just parse through each of the columns of information. Check out the String Palette in LabVIEW and in the Additional Strings Functions palette under there, you'll notice some VIs that will help you scan a string for tokens and search/split a string. Hopefully these VIs will make the string parsing a little easier, but I don't think the overall process should be too difficult.

Good luck.

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,059 Views)