LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an explanation of data flow around an event structure with data going into it and coming out of it

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to add a case to the event structure shown below.  The other cases in the event structure close the front panel afterwards.  I would like my case to leave the front panel open.  Is it possible to do that with this configuration?  

Because the invoke method is in front of the event structure does that mean that the front panel needs to be opened each time the event structure begins watching for an event?  

Using the code below, after I press Calibrate Button the event structure stops listening for additional events.  I moved the Close FP functions inside the event structure so the other events would call it there but this did not seem to change things. 

Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author davey31415
An event structure only waits for one event.  To continue waiting for events after the first one occurs, you need to put the event structure inside a while loop.  Then you can put your Close FP node outside the while loop, and wire the stop condition of the while loop so that the loop only stops for the cases that you want to close your front panel.
Message 2 of 2
(2,409 Views)