LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an example application where more than one similar unit is tested simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

@chuck72352 wrote:

I've attached the block diagram as a png file.

Hi Chuck,

I think I can best serve you by telling you how I would go about this game if ti was dropped on my desk.

Start out by assembling a "virtual team" that would be capable of performing the work. By "Virtual team" I mean a set of imaginary workers that if trained in the their responsibilites could do the job.

Give each team member a formal name and assign responcibilites to each. Be careful not make any one person do too much (you would have to pay them more Smiley Tongue ) so tht each person has a well defined task.

Give your team a virtual try-out and walk them through the work and make sure there are'nt any conflicts and the process move in an orderly fashion to the end. I have on ocation gone out in the parking lot and jumped around from character to character while visualizing the flow.

Next sit down and draw up a diagram that shows how the team members interact noting what information they share or exchange when.

After that I turn those virtual workers into components fo rth application. The interacts tell me what type of data structures will be used and become type defs. The info sharing diagram tells me what type of transprt mechanism to use to share the data.

At that point I choose standard design paterns if the fit or develop my own to fullfil the needs.

I realize this is hardly the "Example" you asked for when you started this thread. From what little I know of your application, I don't think any simgle simple design pattern is going to meet your needs "out of the box". The may help with some parts but first work through figuring what is needed before we we start selling you on any single design pattern.

Trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 12
(223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuck72352

I see no reason why this should not work, I am assuming you have a MUX (100 slot) and an Actuator card (200 Slot) in your 34970. I have never use a 3304 but I am guessing the individual channels can be operated independently. 

I would get the test working with one unit, then simply expand it out from there.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 12 of 12
(222 Views)