From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for LabVIEW subroutine for controlling Perkin Elmer Lambda 900 Spectrometre

I want to control a Perkin Elmer Lambda 900 Spectrometre by LabView for integration into a running LabView program controlling the overall experimental setup.
I have got the documentation with the commands for serial interface control, but I do not succed to use them with LabView.
 For this reason, I was wondering if a .vi exists for this instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,840 Views)
Could you post a screenshot of your implementation and the errors that you get when trying to communicate?

Please post the settings and commands used aswell and the ones from the manual.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,836 Views)
Her the screenshot. The communication protocol of the Lambda 900 is based on the rules of the SCPI protocol.

The different steps corresponds on:
    1. initializing the interface
    2. switching the serial interface on
    3. enabeling the communication interface
    4. thry to read the system identification.

The different write actions confirm the wirting of the commands, but the read action has nothing to read and the timeout function is activated and returns the corresponding error message. I checked and their are no bytes to read at the serial interface.
If have checked the physical connection between the computer and the specrometer by using the standard program from Perkin (UVwinlab) which is correctly working.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,810 Views)
You can sniff the serial port communications with a tool like Serial Monitor from HHD software. In this way you can compare the output of the Perkin Elmer application to what you send.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,797 Views)
Hi Jofo,

Could you tell me where you found the documentation about the commands to send to you PE lambda ?
In our lab, we have an old Lambda 11 UV spectrometer, and I would like to talk to him, but theres is no commands reference in the manual. It has a RS-232 port, but the manual only says I should use PECSS software.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,782 Views)
I have contacted Perkin Elmer via their web page. After some days the initial message arrived at the local PE office who send me the documentation.

By

jofo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,768 Views)

jofo a écrit:
I have contacted Perkin Elmer via their web page. After some days the initial message arrived at the local PE office who send me the documentation.

Hi.
I asked my Perkin-Elmer local contact for the Lambda11 Communication reference, but he only offer me to buy the UV-winlab Software, which is way too expensive. Jofo, don't you have a personal contact whom I may ask for this documentation ?
Thanks,
nico
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,211 Views)

Hi. We have an Lambda 2 spectrometre for Perking Elmer, but we need the documentation for make a programm. Can you send us that documentation for return to life the spectometre. Thank's for you attention. My email is paulfran10000@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,989 Views)